Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's been a while.



Ok. I've been anti-blogging for quite some time now. I think I'm ready to start keeping it real. We just got back from Hawaii. We always love it. Everyone has asked how it was and it got me thinking how sad it would be if I said "bad." It was wonderful! We had beautiful weather the entire time. The awful 6 hour flight wasn't so awful this time. Yes, it was long but it was so much better than the previous years. Our friends, the Sheriff and his wife, joined us this year. The kids had a great time playing together. We went to the North Shore and played in the waves. I would like to say we all enjoyed it but NU & AW wouldn't get in the water. NU claimed her usual deadly fear of sharks(this from a grown adult.) AW wasn't scared of sharks ( I don't think she was aware of that possibility.) but she was scared of all other living creatures in the sea. It seems that JMU and Little AW were the only ones brave enough to join SW, JW, and myself in the VERY large waves. I don't know if that's good or just plain dumb on the adults part. Thank goodness for swim lessons and life jackets. (It's also good that Granny wasn't there to witness this fun.)
We stayed in Honolulu for the first couple of days. I have a hotel that I stumbled upon years ago. It used to be the Mandarin Hotel. The hotel has a center court that has 6 dolphins living in it. If you arrive at feeding time you can see a great show. Well...we went to see the dolphins and it just happened to be the day that the Vet. came to give check-ups. We were the only people watching and SW started talking to the Vet. It turns out that he knew SW's Vet. in PC. After he was done with the check-up he brought JMU, AW, and Little AW in to pet the dophins. It was so amazing!

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Hey silly,
First names, last names, ages, pic of house on your blog? You want to go ahead and repost your address with some SS #'s too?